The focus for the 26th week (June 26 – July 2) of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge was:
Someone You Got To Meet
While Peter Economides might not be a celebrity, like most famous celebrities, he was one man I’m glad I met. He is well known as the man who re-branded Greece. I did not even know who he was, until he climbed on stage on Day 1 of Brand Marker 2013.
Everyone agreed that Peter’s presentation was one of the best presentations at Brand Marker 2013. What most people complained about was that his presentation set a standard so high, that the others couldn’t beat. Although, there was one other favorite presentation during this 5-day Marketing Seminar at Istanbul. But, this article is about meeting Peter Economides.
His nationality was one of the first things to catch my attention. Kind of like Elon Must, this guy has roots from Zulu Africa! And then the things he talked about during his presentation, drove many points home.
The photo below was taken during the lunch break after his presentation. We had the privileged of having breakfast with us. We were the only group from Northern Cyprus at the seminar. I and Nicholas, were also the only blacks at this seminar. So we felt cool having Peter take lunch on our table.
During the lunch break, I explained to him what I was doing with my Study Abroad Agency, and he gave me just one advice: get social! He said I was doing okay, but I needed to strengthen my social presence, to enforce my brand. Unfortunately, I haven’t exactly followed through on that advice.
So yea, that was one person I always remember meeting. And the name too, sticks forever. He always reminds me of Brand Marker 2013, as he was one of the best parts of the 5-day marketing seminar.
7 things I was grateful for during the 26th week of this 52 weeks of gratitude challenge:
- Finished page 3 of ChowHub 2.0
- DeQeo Consulting gets another commission payment!
- The Men’s Day of the Week of Refuge in church was a success!
- God prevented what would have been an accident this morning, due to an error in judgement on my side
- I’m grateful for the goodness of heart that propels me to be who I am, despite occasional hurts
- Adesuwa arrived safely from Jos
- I found my favorite sunglasses again! Thought I lost it yesterday, and was sad about it
View last week’s post: