The focus for the 7th week (Feb. 14 – Feb. 20) of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge was:
A Friend 1
Each time I think of it, I keep asking myself the same question: what business did I have with a 13 year old, 9 years ago?
I do not remember how we met, but I know that it was Yahoo! Messenger that connected us. I met with a few other foreigners online during that time of my life, but somehow I remained friends with this one.
The age difference did not seem to matter. Somehow, I have the ability to relate with people on their level. She too did not seem much like a 13 year old because she looked 18 in her photos. Even so, we got along fine as friends.
Half a Lifetime
I must have been 21 or 22 years old when we met. I had just gotten to Cyprus. Soon after, she became friends with my friend Andy. She’s still friends with Andy even right now.
Today, Raisa is in her early 20’s, and I forget her birthday this year! Can you imagine? But our friendships goes beyond forgetting birthdays and misdemeanors. She describes me as her “life long friend” because she “grew up” knowing me. That’s about half of her lifetime.
One Friend; Many Formats
As far back as I remember my life in Cyprus, Raisa has always been there. She has “been there” in different forms. Sometimes, she’s like a sister. She is almost 10 years younger than I am, but she would advice me like my older sister lol.
I often imagine her standing over me when she’s dishing out some facts of life about a situation I find myself. And often times, she gives me a new perspective to things, and an option as a way out. If you have such a friend, hold them dear!
Other times, she would be the voice of reason. That is, my mother lol. But the best thing is that sometimes when I feel confused or demotivated, she has a way of bouncing me back. We do not get to talk as much these days, but whenever we do, I leave feeling good about myself and about my situation.
Raisa is one of my most favorite people, even though we never met face to face. There is always a positive vibe around her that passes off to me. I bet she has the same effect on people, physically, as I can only imagine. She is like a rainbow, on a cloudy day.
The World to Know
At least once every year, I let her know that I appreciate her friendship. I tell her how much of a blessing she actually is to me. But this week’s focus, for the 52 weeks of gratitude challenge, in a friend. So I am using this opportunity, to let others know about my dear friend, Raisa!
Raisa is more than a friend, in more ways than one, and my life would be different without her impact. These days, everyone is so busy, but she is someone I can rely on when I need to. She is someone that I enjoy, and someone that I enjoy talking to.
I do not know how much of an impact I have had on her life since we met, but I am indeed grateful to God, for placing her in my life! I love her! God bless her!
Who is your most favorite friend?
Please share in the comment section below. Thanks
7 things I was grateful for during the 7th week of this 52 weeks of gratitude challenge:
- Definitely, everyone needs a Raisa, in their lives! Today, I’m grateful for my dear friend Raisa
- I’m thankful for my dear friend, Raisa. She is an amazing woman, and have been a part of my life for a decade now. She is more than a friend, and even more. Indeed, she has been a blessing to my life at times when I did not expect
- Thank God for emails
- Today, I’m grateful for dogs, even the seemingly useless ones we have lol
- Thank God for blood flow, without which oxygen cannot reach the brain or the cells of our body, or without which we men cannot get an erection
- I’m grateful that I was able to receive the support money from EUL today!
- Even as a Computer Engineer, computers can be difficult to work with sometimes. But as a computer programmer, I’m grateful for programming language because that’s about the only way to get a computer to do what we want
View last week’s post: www.kheme.tk/2016/02/gratitude-challenge-week-6-city-live/