The focus for the 16th week (Apr. 24 – Apr. 30) of the 52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge was:
Simple Things in Life
The simple things in life, are often taken for granted. But what are the simple things in life? Let me count a few, and see how many you take for granted.
1. The Rainbow
When sunlight passes through water droplets in the sky, it forms a rainbow. In other word, when it’s raining and the sun is shinning, chances are that there would be a rainbow.
But even as simple as this feels, it is one of the simple things in life that fascinates me every time I see one.
I’ve always said that on my list of pleasures in life, showers come right after sex. I do not care what anyone says or things, but a cold, invigorating shower always feels so damn good. The best part is that you can enjoy a cold shower at any time of the year.
And by this, I mean the time you give to someone, like a friend. I still remember one night in the year 2006 when I needed some company. I needed someone to walk with me to the market that night, but everyone was busy.
When I thanked the only person who agreed to walk with me, she responded saying: it’s only five minutes of my life! That’s probably one of the most profound things anyone ever said to me.
I’ve had the privilege of watching the sun rise, as well as set, with someone. Coincidentally, it was with the same person. If you’ve never watched the sun set or rise, please add that to your bucket list. Even better, do it with someone significant in your life.
Even as essential as this one is, I something about food last year. Food is never something to fight over!
We all have houses to eat and drink in, so why get angry or offended if you don’t get served, in an outing or occasion? It’s not worth it, and we’re all grown ups. Even so, most of us take food for granted.
Now it’s your turn… what’s so cool about you?
Please share in the comments section below.
7 things I was grateful for during the 16th week of this 52 weeks of gratitude challenge:
- Thank God I was able to claim my clothes from the tailor today, since Tuesday when I should have
- I’m grateful that I was able to withdraw some dollars today, because I wasn’t able to get some yesterday
- To all the friends that I lost over the years and for all the friendships that ended normally and abnormally, I am grateful. Thank you, for all the lessons
- I want to thank God for the life of my uncle who passed on to eternity today. I knew more about the man in his death, than when he was alive. Indeed, he lived a life. May his soul know peace!
- I’m thankful for the news of likely job offers in the near future. Whatever the outcome may be, I remain grateful
- Today, I realized that I am what’s wrong with my businesses! So I’m grateful for this realization